*If you are new here, WELCOME! For this post, I provide you with a delicious recipe for French Toast Sandwiches!
Do you love French Toast, but hate the work of making it? Me too.
Plus, if you’re going to have French Toast, you need bacon, too. Obviously. So, that’s even more work.
I don’t know about you, but my one problem with French Toast is that it gets too soggy before you can eat it.
This recipe saves you time and texture. It’s also an easy way to make French Toast for a crowd!
This recipe is absolutely scrumptious, pretty easy to make, and sure to be a family favorite for breakfast.
If you’re stopping by here while searching for recipes, you may not know that the recipes here are all inspired by books! This particular recipe was created after reading Breakfast at the Honey Creek Cafe. If you love reading, check out more about this great book HERE!
This sandwich is DELICIOUS. I couldn’t keep from
taking several bites eating a whole sandwich before I took the pictures. This is definitely going on my menu of breakfast foods for the future.
This recipe combines bacon, sweetened cream cheese, and thick toast into easy-to-eat French Toast Sandwiches.
The flavors combine to create a warm and comforting dish heightened only by the fact that you can cover it in maple syrup!
Here’s what you’ll need to make French Toast Sandwiches:
A quick list of equipment –
Tips for French Toast Sandwiches:
- Make sure your baking pan is HOT and that you spray it liberally with Pam before you place the sandwiches onto the pan.
- Work quickly. Preassemble ALL the sandwiches you are making and have them nearby, along with the bowl of eggs, milk, and maple.
- Don’t oversoak the bread. Since you are going to work quickly, the speed will help you avoid oversoaking the bread. Just quickly dip each outer facing side of bread into the egg mixture and allow any extra to drip off.
- The cooking time will depend on the type of bread you use. A thicker white bread, like I use, should cook in about the same time. Wheat bread will take longer and thinner white bread will take less time.
French Toast Sandwich Recipe:
French Toast Sandwiches
- 12 slices Bacon
- 12 slices Texas Toast
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp maple or vanilla
For the bacon:
- Place the strips of bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in a cold oven, then set the temperature to 400 degrees.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes to your desired crispiness.
- Set aside to cool.
For the sandwiches:
- Place a second baking sheet (large enough to hold six slices of bread) into the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees with the empty baking sheet inside. You are heating your pan in preparation of cooking the sandwiches.
- In a medium bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl wide enough to dip your bread, mix the eggs, milk, and maple. *Vanilla can be substituted for maple.
- Assemble the sandwiches.
- a. Spread the cream cheese mixture on ONE side of every single piece of bread (you want lots of cream cheese on your sandwich!). The amount for each slice sound be about as much as peanut butter on a sandwich.
- b. Place two strips of bacon on six of the slices.
- c. Place the other six slices on top of the bacon covered bread to complete your sandwiches.
- Once your pan is hot and the oven is ready, line your sandwiches up and place the bowl of egg mixture nearby.
- Quickly pull the pan from the oven AND spray with Pam! This is crucial or your sandwiches will stick!
- Quickly dip each side of every sandwich into the egg mixture and place onto the hot pan. You do don’t want to dunk the sandwich into the mixture but dip each side so that the mixture coats the bread but doesn’t soak it.
- Place the pan into the oven and cook for 4-6 minutes. Carefully watch the bread for burning.
- Flip the sandwiches after 4-6 minutes and cook the other side for 4-6 minutes more. Again, watch for burning.
- Pull the sandwiches out of the oven and serve warm with maple syrup!
Don’t forget to check out the book that inspired this recipe, Breakfast at the Honey Creek Cafe! And, let me know what you think of these delicious French Toast Sandwiches!
Until next time, Happy Eating and Reading!
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no extra cost to you or the featured book’s author). All opinions are 100% mine and every book, unless otherwise noted, is handpicked by me to be featured on the site.