*If you are new here, WELCOME! For The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe, I provide you with a brief summary about the recipe, other food ideas, tips and a recipe in that order!
It Ends with Us and It Starts with Us are Colleen Hoover’s most popular books (outside of Verity). The novels are a duology featuring the same set of characters. If you are wondering which novel to read first, the series actually starts with It Ends with Us, then continues to book two, It Starts with Us.
It Starts with Us actually picks up where It Ends with Us leaves off, which may be a little confusing if you haven’t read the novels. Once read, the titles will make more sense!
Both books are captivating novels with complex characters and both deal with physical abuse (trigger warning).
And in both books, Atlas brings Lily cookies.
Enter these amazing, delicious, soft-with-a crisp-edge, chock-full-of-chocolate cookies.
I can’t even look at these pictures without drooling and having to fight the immediate need to go make them again.
They were really so easy and so scrumptious.
I highly recommend you make these cookies and read and discuss the duology with your book club as soon as possible!
Don’t forget, you can check out my full review of It Ends with Us and It Starts with Us, with a complete book club kit HERE.
For It Ends with Us and It Starts with Us Food Ideas:
Here are some food ideas from the pages of It Ends with Us.
- Lily finds radishes missing in her garden and then makes Atlas some sandwiches.
- Atlas and Lily make cookies before her dad comes home.
- Lily burns the chicken and mushroom casserole and Rile hurts his hand.
- Atlas cooks Lily breakfast—orange juice, crepes with oranges and strawberries.
- Pizza night at Allysa’s after Ryle comes home.
- Lily’s mom makes her lasagna and tells her she’s seeing someone new.
- Ryle makes Lily breakfast—toast, eggs, bacon—before her due date.
Here are some food ideas from the pages of It Starts with Us.
- Burgers and fries for Atlas and Lily’s first date.
- Atlas makes Josh a grilled cheese the night they meet.
- Atlas brings a bouquet of cookies before Lucy’s wedding.
- Atlas makes Coconut shrimp for Sutton.
In both books, Atlas makes Lily cookies. I think this is the perfect pick!
Plus, chocolate is the food of love (according to American Valentine’s marketing), so its a good choice for these two novels.
Let me tell you, this recipe is a winner. Loaded with chocolate, easy to make, and possibly the best chocolate chip cookie I’ve ever tasted.
Whether you choose something from this list or try your own option, I hope these ideas will get your creative juices flowing to host your book club for It Ends with Us or It Starts with Us (or BOTH!).
A few tips on making the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Here are a few tips to help make your cooking experience the best it can be!
These cookies are very easy to make compared to many recipes that require refrigerating or freezing the dough before baking. However, I would recommend placing the dough in the refrigerator IF you will be taking a while to bake (i.e. small batches, etc.). The only reason being that the dough will spread further as it warms. So your cookies may spread too much if the dough sits on the counter while baking multiple small batches.
Whether you choose something from this list or try your own option, I hope these ideas will get your creative juices flowing to host your book club for It Ends with Us and It Starts with Us.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies – Easy!
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients—flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars in a second bowl until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla with the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Slowly, add in the dry ingredients until combined (mixing on a low speed).
- Add 2 cups of chocolate chips and stir until mixed through.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of dough at a time into balls. Evenly space them on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 8-10 minutes until they barely start to brown.
- Allow to sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack. (Test to make sure they are done to your preferred doneness before starting the next batch. They should be soft in the center but not undercooked!)
Have you read It Ends with Us or It Starts with Us? What did you think? Did it satisfy you or were you left wishing for more? What are some similar books you’ve read?
Until next time, Happy Reading!
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no extra cost to you or the featured book’s author). All opinions are 100% mine and every book, unless otherwise noted, is handpicked by me to be featured on the site.
Bookish gifts for you or your reader friends!