*If you are new here, WELCOME! For Picnic in Someday Valley, I provide your book club with a brief summary and book club discussion questions in that order!
If you haven’t checked out the previous post in the series where I share my thoughts on Picnic in Someday Valley and food ideas for your book club, check out that post HERE.
In this post, I’ll review the premise of Picnic in Someday Valley and share book club discussion questions that are sure to get your book club talking!
Looking for your next great read? Check out these similar books…
Here’s a brief summary of Picnic in Someday Valley:
After her ex-boyfriend tried to destroy Honey Creek’s courthouse, Marcie Latimer hides her life and her shame in neighboring Someday Valley. Unsure if she’ll ever be able to face anyone again, let alone build a new life, Marcie sings away her blues at Bandit’s Bar. The quiet cowboy who visits every night she plays surprises Marcie, offering her comfort and safety when so many have turned their backs on her.
Piper Mackenzie and Texas Ranger Colby McBride protected the town of Honey Creek against destruction, but in the months since the almost-tragedy, things between them haven’t settled down like the rest of the town.
And, Pecos Smith is thrilled about his new wife and the baby on the way, even if everything isn’t as perfect as it looks. He’s determined to love Kerrie through the triumphs and the trials–he just hopes she feels the same.
As trouble returns to Someday Valley, Marcie, Piper, Colby and Pecos will have to come together once more to band against evil and hope, despite the odds, that love will conquer again.
Picnic in Someday Valley Book Club Discussion Questions:
*WARNING: May contain spoilers!
- There is a large cast of characters in this book. Which character or couple was your favorite? Why?
- Piper and Colby struggle to get on the same page as a couple. Could you relate to their struggle? Why do you think it was difficult for them to communicate their needs? What finally pushed them to find a way?
- Jesse is a lonely guy, but he finds a friend in Adalee. At one point he thinks, “She was a stranger. What did it matter if he let his fears fly?” Why do you think it was easier for Jesse to open up to a woman he didn’t know well? Have you found it’s easier to open up to strangers than close friends at times?
- When Marcie considers her life and Brand’s, she thinks, “He wasn’t going anywhere, and she was going nowhere.” Why do you think Brand picked Marcie? How were they a good match?
- By the end of the book, Marcie still doesn’t know Brand’s full identity. How do you think this will play out in their relationship? Do you think they’ll be back in the next Honey Creek book?
- At the end of the book we aren’t left knowing if Jesse and Adalee will become more than friends or not. Do you think that they will? Why or why not?
- For Jesse the hope of someday is enough for now. How did hope change each of the characters’ lives in Picnic in Someday Valley?
- If you read the first book in this series, were you surprised to see so many of the main characters back? Who did you wish to see again, but missed? Or, did you wish for more space for new characters in this novel?
- Discuss the main conflict in the book. Did it upset you? How did you feel about the way it was resolved? Were you glad to see the women take charge?
- Did you read the first book in this series? How did Picnic in Someday Valley compare? How does it compare to other Jodi Thomas books you have read?
Don’t forget to check out the other posts in this series for Picnic in Someday Valley! You can find book club food ideas and more HERE.
Have you read Picnic in Someday Valley? What did you think? Did it satisfy you or were you left wishing for more? What are some similar books you’ve read?
Until next time, Happy Reading!
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no extra cost to you or the featured book’s author). All opinions are 100% mine and every book, unless otherwise noted, is handpicked by me to be featured on the site.
Other Books that you might enjoy!